- This event has passed.
In-Person Introduction to Weatherization and Building Science (D386)
July 20 @ 8:30 am - 5:00 pm$350
This Introduction to Weatherization and Building Science course is a 1-day training designed to introduce weatherization and building science principles. Students will participate in classroom instruction referencing the Building Performance Institute’s Building Science Principles Reference Guide.
Course Content & Objectives:
- Describe both the background and major principles of weatherization
- Identify all ways of energy movement and the basics of each
- Summarize building science and describe pressure and thermal concepts
- Describe interrelation and effects of “house as a system”
- Identify mechanical systems and their main purposes
- Describe the audit process and recognize the required importance and data for energy modeling
- Identify appropriate weatherization measures based on Washington state guidelines
- Perform a basic blower door test and describe the basics of combustion safety